On behalf of the entire GHAC Family, I'd like to wish you all a very happy new year 2014.
The year 2013 has been marked by following few things that have made a big impact to our club.
- GHAC was mentioned in Limca Book of records 2013 for promoting adventure in Hyderabad.
- Our overall membership Strength has grown to over 15000+ members, 150+ Outdoors Leaders with over 3000+ events completed till date.
- We launched the "GHAC Travel and Leisure" wing at http://travel.ghac.in to offer different and unique travel experiences to our members.
- We conducted India's largest open Triathlon including a Half Iron Level with close to 600 participants taking part from all over India.
- We Conducted 2 Outdoor leadership training workshops and score of other outdoor skills workshop to develop good and competent Outdoor Leadership in GHAC Organisers..
- We had over a few of our leaders complete their advance and basic mountaineering courses.
- The Hyderabad Rockathon conducted along with Society to Save Rocks was a successful event with lot of impact and awareness created on saving rocks.
- The Hyderabad Mudrun was a super duper hit with over 400 participants getting back to their childhood and getting dirty in the 2 kms mud, slush and obstacle course.
- The Hyderabad Climbing Championships another huge success with many national level climbers participating in it.
- Full time Mountaineering Wing that will lead expeditions from Hyderabad.
- Conduct a full Iron level Triathlon on a fully professional scale with timing chips.
- Expansion to other cities to spread the adventure Buzz. (passionate members who want to start one in your city can contact me.)
- Add more new Adventure Activities to our kitty.
- Do more explorations and discover new places for adventure and trekking.
Happy New Year everyone! Have an adventurous 2014!